With Exceedance 2018 coming May 14 – 17, we have lined up an interesting group of keynote speakers who will be onstage to provide their insights, ideas and inspiration. This year’s topics include:
Day 1: Earth, Wind and Fire
Our day one general session will focus on how we have leveraged lessons learned to bring new advances in model science and technology that enable (re)insurers to better manage and capitalize on catastrophe risk:
- Learn how RMS technology, analytics, and data capabilities have not only helped clients navigate three major hurricanes last season but are being used to provide assumptions for this year.
- Hear how RMS is delivering the most advanced flood science designed to make confident and effective flood risk selection, underwriting, accumulation, and portfolio management decisions.
- Understand the most recent insights into how our wildfire HD model science can capture the full impact of wildfires in high resolution, effectively manage regional and continental portfolios, and more.
Dr. Robert Muir-Wood, chief research officer at RMS, will be presenting at Exceedance 2018.
Day 2 Coastal Flooding and the Future of Flood Insurance
The day two general session will focus on the anticipated and very real aspects of coastal flooding — and what this current and growing peril means to the future of flood insurance, in particular:
- Coastal flood scenarios in key cities
- The future of coastal building — how to build structures out of the reach of the sea
- The challenges that coastal flooding present to the insurance industry
- Identifying the “protection gaps” and how the industry needs to close these gaps
- How flood risk modeling is key to taking effective action, using RMS flood models as examples
Take a Deep Dive in The Exceedance Lab
Join RMS experts in The Lab offering technical insights, training, and support at Exceedance 2018.
This year’s Exceedance offers many opportunities for interaction with model experts, up-close team training, networking opportunities, and so much more.
Join RMS experts in The Lab to offer technical insights, training, and support — who will be available for personalized discussions. Be sure to get a clear view of the new models, solutions, and technologies, including:
- Solutions and Technology: Get a clear understanding of our latest offerings and how best to leverage the new models and solutions to meet your business goals.
- Modeling Solutions: From location-driven intelligence tools that enhance your underwriting, to a coupled U.S. hurricane and flood solution that brings synergy to your modeling, learn how to transform your business in 2018.
- Horizons: Investigate a set of technical posters that highlight recent catastrophes across a range of perils around the world. Learn more about these events from new insights on the underlying science that drives the hazards.
Exceedance 2018 will be here in less than a month. Make your plans to join us.
Register for Exceedance now – it’s four days of enabling and supporting the success of you and your team. The site also includes information on the keynote speakers, tracks and sessions, special events, and The Lab. And be sure to key an eye out for our next blog with more exciting Exceedance updates in the coming days.
See you soon in Miami.