Twenty years ago, the terrorist attacks of 9/11 shocked the world and changed how the insurance industry viewed terrorism risk. Previously considered an unmodellable risk, this single event made it clear that the industry needed effective solutions for managing what was then a poorly understood threat.
Unlike traditional natural catastrophe risks, terrorism is driven by human behavior. Our terrorism model suite provides both probabilistic and scenario-based solutions to effectively capture the human element and reflect the current threat landscape.
Download this whitepaper to learn more about:
- How the 9/11 terrorist attacks catalyzed the need for better insurance solutions.
- Which industry trends played significant roles in shaping terrorism risk management.
- How the terrorism threat landscape has evolved over the last 20 years.
- Best practices for modeling, quantifying, and managing terrorism risk today.
- How RMS pioneered and continues to advance the development of terrorism risk modeling.