Quantum technologies are set to change our lives permanently.
A rapidly advancing technology, quantum computing has the potential to solve problems that traditional computers cannot. Yet, for decades, it has been known that quantum mechanical effects and their properties can be exploited.
With the development of quantum computers, we are entering a new era of computing, which brings new opportunities – and new risks to many industries, including insurance.
In this white paper we explore:
- How quantum computers can solve complex problems and what is the quantum threat?
- The current state of quantum computing and the challenges that need to be overcome before they can be used for practical applications.
- The two main proposed solutions to mitigate quantum threats and the key differences between them.
- Implications for the insurance industry and what possible quantum futures need to be considered.
- Specific factors insurers should think about to stay ahead of the rapidly growing quantum threat.