NEWARK, Calif. - January 20, 2015 RMS, the world's leading catastrophe modeling firm, today announced the promotions of seven key leaders to vice president or senior vice president. These promotions are well-deserved recognition of the expertise and achievements of members of staff who have contributed to the growth and strengthening of RMS’ core modeling and technology businesses.
“Our reputation is built on the scientific and technical expertise of our people, and these promotions reflect our continued commitment to providing our clients with advanced catastrophe risk management tools from people that have a solid understanding of their business,” said Hemant Shah, co-founder and CEO, RMS.
- Syamla Bandla, vice president of cloud platform operations: In her role as VP of platform operations, Bandla and her team are critical in delivering a world-class client experience on the RMS(one) platform and RMS’s portfolio of cloud and hosted offerings. Syamla joined RMS in 2012 from Dell, where she managed a team as a leader of global cloud engineering and operations.
- Steve Jewson, senior vice president of model development: Jewson leads the Climate Hazard modeling group that builds the RMS models for all types of wind storms, hail storms and floods. He is currently heavily involved in optimizing the performance of these models in RMS(one). Steve joined RMS in 1999. Before leading the Climate Hazards group he led the RMS weather derivatives business. During his time at RMS he has developed many of the fundamental concepts used in RMS climate hazard modeling.
- Will Mayes, vice president of professional services: Mayes is a member of the professional services leadership team and heads the London-based consulting organization. In this role, he works with some of the largest global insurers and reinsurers to improve their understanding and management of catastrophe risk.
- Gilbert Molas, vice president of model certification and implementation: Molas has taken a leadership role in the migration and translation of RMS models onto the RMS(one) platform. He joined RMS in 1995 as a senior engineer and has played key roles in the development of major earthquake and climate models for the Americas, Japan, New Zealand and Europe.
- Ajay Singhal, senior vice president of financial modeling & analytics: Singhal leads financial and LifeRisks model development and works with peril modeling and software teams in the development of HD models. He joined RMS in 2002 and has led the development of various models including the RMS Terrorism Model, the RMS Fire Following Earthquake Model and the RMS Offshore Platform Model.
- Paul Wilson, vice president of model development: Wilson leads the North Atlantic hurricane modeling team and will guide future HD releases. He joined RMS in 2007 as a senior modeler and has led multiple projects including developing RMS’ medium-term hurricane rate forecasts, developing RMS’ first global tsunami solution, and most recently leading the RMS contribution to the Risky Business Project on the economic risk of climate change in the United States.
- Christine Ziehmann, vice president of model product management: Ziehmann and her team work with the model development team to define product requirements, handling model review processes, product acceptance testing, model documentation, post model release support, and regulatory support. Christine has been with RMS since 2001, holding various product management and model development roles.