RMS Announces Exceedance 2014: Premier Catastrophe Risk Management Conference, April 14 to 17 in Washington, D.C.
Attendees will benefit from networking with industry leaders, hands-on learning sessions and the industry’s first-ever developer track. Keynote speakers include Vivek Kundra, the first chief information officer for the U.S.; Trevor Maynard, head of exposure management and reinsurance at Lloyd’s of London; and Dr. Solomon Hsiang, climate risk expert.
Newark, Calif. -
March 06, 2014 -
RMS, the world’s leading catastrophe-risk management firm, today announced that Exceedance 2014, the premier catastrophe-risk management event, will be held April 14 to 17 at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center in Washington, D.C.
Exceedance 2014 will be the largest event in the industry, with more than 1,000 attendees, 100 industry experts and 70 sessions. Attendees will take advantage of three days of keynotes, breakout sessions, workshops and networking opportunities.
Attendees will hear firsthand about the RMS model roadmap and the unprecedented number of model releases coming in 2015, as well as have direct access to RMS product management and engineering and be among the first in the industry to work hands on with the general availability release version of RMS(one)™.
With 20 speakers from more than 15 companies including Aon Benfield, Aspen, Guy Carpenter, Lloyd’s, Munich Re, SCOR and Willis Re, attendees will be able to learn from and interact with their peers.
With more than 70 sessions and labs, including tracks dedicated to RMS model science and strategy, RMS LifeRisks and capital markets solutions, brokers’ special sessions and the industry’s first developer track, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, live demos and unparalleled networking opportunities.
Attendees can choose to attend sessions from the following tracks:
• The Real Business Value of RMS(one)
• Best Practices in Adopting RMS(one)
• RMS Model Science & Strategy
• RMS Catastrophe Modeling Fundamentals
• RMS(one) Hands-on Workshops
• Owning Your Risk on RMS(one)
• RMS LifeRisks Solutions
• Capital Markets Solutions
• The Lab
• RMS(one) Developer Workshop
• Brokers’ Special Sessions
Keynotes featuring RMS executives and industry luminaries will explore the latest industry trends and discuss the transformation RMS(one) is driving in the industry. Speakers include Hemant Shah, RMS co-founder and CEO; Vivek Kundra, the first chief information officer for the U.S., chair of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of the Internet and executive vice president at Salesforce.com; Trevor Maynard, head of exposure management and reinsurance at Lloyd’s of London; Solomon Hsiang, climate risk expert and U.C. Berkeley professor of public policy; and Robert Muir-Wood, chief research officer at RMS.
For the first time, Exceedance 2014 will include sessions and events specifically for developers. The RMS(one) Model Development Kit (MDK) and RMS(one) Application Programming Interface (API) to the RMS(one) Developer Network™ on April 15, 2014 in conjunction with the general availability of RMS(one).
• Exceedance Developer Breakout Sessions: Learn about the RMS(one) Developer Network, the RMS(one) API and how to create and host custom models on RMS(one).
• Exceedance Developer Hands-On Sessions: Work with the RMS(one) MDK and API.
• RMS(one) Hackathon: Learn how to leverage the RMS(one) API to integrate with applications, tools and services, experiment with the API and demonstrate early “proof of concepts” and progress.
Exceedance 2014 will kick off with at 5K run/walk to benefit Build Change. In addition to keynotes, breakout sessions and hands-on workshops, activities include a bus tour of Washington, D.C. and yacht cruise on the Potomac River, Passover Seders, an evening reception and “EP,” the Exceedance Party.
• “Exceedance 2014 is an unparalleled opportunity to share knowledge and ideas, participate in hands-on learning sessions and network with industry colleagues. This year’s conference includes sessions specifically for developers, an industry first, and will be essential for those looking to capitalize on the advantages of RMS(one).”
• “My colleagues and I have always found Exceedance to be a key learning forum. In a rapidly changing environment for the provision of catastrophe models and exposure management systems, we are keen to learn more about RMS(one), the cloud, data security and the benefit that Beazley may inherit from using the new RMS platform.”
– Julia Grant, exposure management, Beazley Group
To register for Exceedance 2014, visit http://exceedance.rms.com. Receive a 20 percent discount by entering the code EXC14-PR1 at checkout.
RMS models and software help financial institutions and public agencies evaluate and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world, promoting resilient societies and a sustainable global economy.