Life expectancy and catastrophic natural or man-made events such as pandemics, natural hazards, terrorism and industrial or transport accidents can have cascading effects across society, businesses, governments, and geo-political borders.
Mitigating risk for future events depends on having the best understanding of a broad range of factors, such as how long people will live, what drives longevity, and what can happen when catastrophe strikes.
RMS methodologies incorporate multi-disciplinary science into mortality risk management. Our life risk modeling tools blend best-practice actuarial techniques with medical science to help you better balance risk.
The RMS LifeRisksTM platform provides stochastic simulations of future scenarios, from longevity to excess mortality. Each scenario is a detailed and accurate representation of a plausible future outcome. Generating large numbers of “what-if” scenarios provides a full depiction of loss probability distribution.
- +Drill down into model results to understand key risk drivers
- +Identify subsets of your portfolio and books of business that are contributing most to the risk you face
- +Pick scenarios that represent the key thresholds of probability of loss
- +Derive narratives to communicate risk concepts
- +Use deterministic scenarios to explore specific issues